Sunday, April 1, 2012

How Bentos Destroyed My Life

A key to my doom.
I'm sure that you guys "Ooh" and "Aah" at my bentos consistently. Bright pinks, clean whites, creative and so healthy for you in all sorts of ways - its like a rainbow for your mouth. At least...that's what I thought and soon I found out that I had become addicted and spent most of my hours trying to think up of what to do next. Every lunch hour I would show off my adorable meals to my friends but soon they got used to it and criticized it and I was losing my emotional high. "Is that the best you can do? The Cat in The Hat is totally missing a line" they would say...except I never made a bento like that so I'm not quite sure what happened there. Soon I was an outcast because they were jealous of my amazing food and I knew not where to turn.

 I felt that I needed to be better and faster to regain their friendship! I went all around the city just searching for the perfect bento box and after being found underneath the tables at a garage sale whilst I clung to damaged and spaghetti-stained Tupperware I knew that I had a problem. It wasn't until I attempted to build my own bento box that my breaking point had come, I was just trying to neatly pack everything and then...(this is so hard to finish typing) the chopsticks snapped in half...in a panic I went to search the pantry for more and spilled the soy sauce everywhere! What happened next is too horrible to tell you - but I will tell you this; I am now typing this with my tongue. Not only is there cat dander on this keyboard...I know that I will never be able to make bentos again! Nobody wants food from "Dandertongue McCattypants" which I assume they will all call me by the time this is posted.

There's a place called "Bento Rehab" for people like me...maybe it will get better soon and I can bare to look at a lunchbox or tempura again but until then I know what I have to do. I'll stand up and I'll state "My name is Bou Shin. And I am a bentoholic."







Happy April Fools Day, everyone! ^^

8 comments:

  1. Hello. My name is Natakiya and I too am a bentoholic. lol. The garage sale thing - yeah, I totally did that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think we're all there at one bento-point...just don't become "Dandertongue II"! Hehe. ^^

      Delete
  2. Lol, I've to join the club too, I'm another bento addict. Whenever I'm not making bentos, I'm thinking what to make for the following wk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me! ^^; Its a little embarassing but it feels sooo good!

      Delete
  3. Love the post, and I can relate. Amazing bento too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting and the compliment, Sara! I absolutely love your blog! ^^

      Delete
  4. LOL..love it!! I have a big smile right now! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...