Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Miss Spink and Miss Forcible Bento (Coraline Bento)

This is a simplified version of Miss Spink and Miss Forcible (although she looks a bit like Ms. Endive from Chowder due to her green hair). As I only have three technical characters to go, I'm finding it very easy and exciting to make these characters in so many different ways. These two ladies are on some freshly brown bread that are encrusted with toasted almonds and wheat berries and are made out of my masa sheets from this morning's tutorial. In the bento are some fruits and three pieces of celery. The letters are made from a sweet potato that I cut from my new mandoline (there will be a product review by Friday)

If you could be a character from Coraline, who would you be and why? Personally I'd rather be Coraline or Wybie because they're both very strong (even if they don't show it all of the time) and hey - who wouldn't love to be around a bit of adventure despite the other horrible implications. Hehe.

Miss Spink and Miss Forcible Bento Ingredients:
Sweet Potato
Whole Wheat Sandwiches, Raw Strawberry Jelly and Flax Peanut Butter
Masa Sheets
Cherry Tomatoes
Red Grapes
Strawberry

I hope that you guys enjoy it - up next is a tutorial on Russian meatballs for Mr. Bobinski's Russian Mouse Circus because even mice like something other than (vegan) cheese! ^^

5 comments:

  1. Careful with that Mandoline!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, I always adore your comments GiGi! ^^ Thank you! I'll be sure to add your blog to my sidebar soon!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, backatcha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...that's so cute!
    I'd prefer to be Coraline...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Tina! ^^ I'd say that Coraline is always a fave. hehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...