Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mexican Mazapan (Simple, Quick, Great for Kids)




I won't lie to you and say that these are healthy, but I remember when I was younger how I once to go down to the local Mexican supermarket (which was also a taqueria and all-around restaurant) and got one of these out of nervousness. It was the closest thing to the door and the cashier so that I could pay for it quickly without having a conversation, and then leave (...it was obvious that I was very social as a young child, of course). When I got back into the car with one of my sisters I found that these were absolutely delicious, we had a four-pack and I managed to eat three of the crumbly little things although a good bit of it landed everywhere but my mouth! I never thought of recreating these until recently, but with a few of staples on hand I knew how easy it is to make just about any Mexican dish in the house and I wanted to create this one.

What's a candy that you remember when you were younger?


(Ingredients)

  • 1/4 cup of Skinned and Toasted Peanuts
  • 1/4 cup of Confectioner's Sugar
  • 1 tsp of Vanilla

(Directions)
  • Blend the peanuts first, then slowly add your confectioner's sugar and vanilla. The main idea is to allow the peanuts to release their natural oils so that nothing can spoil too quickly and so you don't have to add a lot of moisture. If this is not working, however, you can spritz some veggie oil to help it combine - it should have a tiny bit of moisture to be put into small molds, but not enough to be near the consistency of any cookie dough or peanut butter.
  • You can place these in the fridge, mark them with stamps and edible ink, wrap in parchment paper or eat as is!
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...