Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Seitan Fajitas (Low-Fat, Oil-Free, Simple)



I had this for breakfast and used the same exact recipe for my "A Bento For Dad". The only difference being that I used no oil to cook this in my non-stick pan in. Plus, I steamed everything else for a lower fat and healthier meal, which makes me pretty happy! The seitan is extremely  soft, but still has enough 'chew' and flavor to just be eaten on its own (which I generally do). So, I hope that you like this as much as me.



(Fajita Seitan Ingredients)

  • 1 cup of Vital Wheat Gluten (I used Arrowhead Mills)
  • 2 tsp of Garlic Powder
  • 3 tsp of Salt-Free Taco Seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp of Cumin
  • 1/2 tsp of Salt
  • 4 tbl of Jelled Chickpea Broth
  • Enough Water to mix

(Fajita Seitan Directions)
  • Mix your dry ingredients together, then add in your broth and mix until there is too much gluten to mix in.
  • Then you can slowly add in your water and knead with your hands about fifty times or until it is spongey.
  • Cut into bite-size pieces and boil in water or broth for about an hour, then stir/pan-fry for a few minutes with olive oil or a dry pan until it has crisped to your liking.
  • Sprinkle with extra seasoning, present with vegetables and fold in a nice flour tortilla, then you're done!
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...