Monday, August 4, 2014

Vegan Taco Dip Recipe in 5 Minutes or Less! (Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free)


"What do you want for your birthday?" my sister asked, standing next to me with a phone in her hand. "I want vanilla cake and nachos! Miriam will love them!" I excitedly replied.

It was my ninth birthday, and my best friend, Miriam, and her dreamy brother, Josh, came over to celebrate with me! We played Selena, and I kept obnoxiously asked if I sounded like her (No, no I didn't.) until Miriam relented, looked away, and said "Kind oooof," I continued to sing badly to more of Selena's music throughout the night.

I played with an amazing mermaid doll she gave me and I remember there was a cake with a plastic Barbie on it! She sat on in a princess dress while Miriam and I helped my mom arrange the candles on our cake. But that was just the afterthought. The real prize was nachos.

On our nachos, we put our Taco dip - and it goes like this!

*Cheezy Tortilla Chips
Taco Dip
Onions
*Cheeeeese

*Vegan, of course!

It's so yummy, Miriam and Josh ate huge amounts! They went home stuffed, and I went to bed thinking that I sounded "kind of" like Selena.

Ingredients
Refried Beans
TVP Crumbles (I used Boca Crumbles)
Vegan Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
Water

Toppings
Onions
Tomato
Lettuce
Olives
Avocado
Rice Cheese

This recipe is soooo simple and you can make it in less than five minutes, in a microwave or on a stove top. Just add the ingredients in any order, in any amount. If there isn't enough seasoning - increase the amount by 1/4th until it's perfect!

Serve on top of nachos, melt some vegan cheese on top and serve! Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Goodness I need some nachos - I've been eating lots of bread and pasta right now (I'm in northern Italy) and would love to eat this for breakfast, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment, Rika - and your blog is amazing! I hope you get some of these soon. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Your food always sounds so delicious. Hope you are well. have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Diane. ^_^ I hope everything is going great for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...